Ferry Halim: Orisinal



Quote from Wikipedia:
"Orisinal: Morning Sunshine is a website featuring 62 Adobe Flash games (as of April 2013). The website was created in 2000 by Ferry Halim who resides in Clovis, California. It won the World Summit Award in 2003 in the e-entertainment category[1] and the Webby Award in the games category in 2003.[2] In 2004, the site jayisgames.com commended Orisinal: Morning Sunshine for Outstanding Achievement in Artistic Expression in its Best of 2004 special awards.[3] As of November 2010, Ferry Halim has begun selling a selection of his games on the Apple App Store in remade versions for the iPhone"

Yes. It's true that he won many awards one of it is Webby Award:

 I found a few website that have interviewed him, and I only will quote a few lines while you can click the given link to read the full interview... okay..

[1] Rob Ford. October 12, 2002
Q:  Please give us a brief bio of yourself.
I'm a 28 y.o freelancer. Started working with Flash since version 4. I started out as a Web Designer (HTML stuffs) but now I work a lot with Flash. Currently most of my projects are Flash game projects.
I don't have a design degree. Actually, I have a business degree in Accounting (worked as an accountant for a year). ^_^
I'm married, and currently living with my wife in a small apartment in Fresno, CA.

Q: What do you do for inspiration?
Read some books (mostly comics), watch movies/cartoons.

Q: What do you regard as being your biggest achievement?

Q: What was the toughest thing you ever did with Flash? How long did you spend on it? Is it still online?
I think it was one of my games, Metal Armor. I don't have the patience in making levels for these kind of games. ^_^
I spent around two weeks for this game. It's online at Orisinal.


[2] B3TA. 
What is your favorite website? (rob)
Linkdup.com They have directory of tons of awesome websites there.

Why did you make that one where you hit crabs? (crab_bloke)
Because I was playing with the idea of a simple shooting game, yet with a different approach.

Where do you get your music from? (chthonic)
Japanese songs, mostly. Problem is, I can't read Japanese, so most of the time I have no idea what's the title of the songs.

Do you ever feel like making horrid things? (crab_bloke)
Nope. Everyone has their own style, and mine is the "clean & nice" style.

What are the things you deliberately avoid having in your games? (monkeon)
I don't want to put blood or decapitated organs in my games. Since I want the games to be playable by kids & adults.


So fun playing his games, I recommend you these:

Bubble Bees : Capture bees in soap bubbles. Catch clocks to extend time, try to catch a few bees at the same time. This is his most popular game on the site.


Cranky Crabs : Hit the crab with yo-yo to get points while watch out for beach ball and coconut rolling to make you tripped and click item to get power for yo-yo and extra time.


So, give it a try okay, sure you'll loved it.. 

If you like the songs that been played in all his games.. I found this at Youtube:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indah Water (IWK) - Tukar nama (Ownership)

TNB - Tukar nama (Ownership)

Etika Email Rasmi Dan Tips Memohon Kerja Guna Email Berserta Adab Membalas